There’s only one thing that matters when it comes to a promotional video: that people watch it. Grab their attention and they’ll keep on watching. Capture their imagination and they’ll like, share and talk about it.
At Ink & Air, we’ve been making promo videos of all styles, shapes and sizes for our clients for many years. From animated infographics and product explainers, to live action videos and talking heads films, you could hardly say we have a house style – but we like to think our ‘house rules’ are what makes our promo videos stand out:
Promo videos: house rules
- 1. Do your homework: identify the purpose and strategic goals of the communication. What are the key messages? Who is the intended audience? What’s the call to action?
- 2. Find your voice: a strong script is critical to the success of a good promo video. Finding the right voice – and using the right tone of voice – is what gives the film its personality.
- 3. Write, write and write again: we’re never afraid to rip up the script when it comes to getting the story down. We’ll often submit a first draft very quickly to sense-check the structure and messaging with our client – but we’ll keep subbing, honing and re-writing until it’s word perfect.
- 4. Do it in style: very often the style of a promo film is dictated by existing brand assets, such as colours, logos, taglines or previous video content. Ultimately, your new promo film needs to fit into your brand set and feel consistent with the rest of your marketing mix. We’re always happy to work within those parameters – but that doesn’t mean we can’t add a extra dash of creativity or a liberal sprinkling of flair.
- 5. Quality counts: promo videos don’t need to cost the earth but that doesn’t mean cutting corners. We meticulously plan each project, drawing on many years of film-making experience and the skills of our trusted pool of production and post-production experts, to maximise your video budget and put your spend on screen.